<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(//www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1976802494740113261?origin\x3dhttps://py-heart.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Reflection.

After doing this project, I have realised that the times that I eat my meals are very irregular due to the school timetable and other activities, such as CCA. For example, on 18th February, even though I woke up at 5.40am, I only ate 'breakfast' at 11.30am, as I had overslept in the morning and had no time to eat breakfast. Then I had CCA after school, and the next meal was only at 7pm at night. I also learnt that even though I dislike to eat vegetables, I should still try to eat at least some everyday, so that my body will have enough Calcium.

I think that my eating habits are extremely unhealthy, as I have consumed too much of Sodium, even without realising it until I did the Food Intake Assessment! Also, my calcium intake is very low, and I consume too little food with a high amount of energy everyday. My diet is also not balanced, like the Healthy Diet Pyramid proved.

I think that the suggested nutritional tools, especially the Food Intake Assessment, were very useful. The Food Intake Assessment showed in detail how much Protein, Energy, Fat, etc I consume everyday, and even compared it to the amount that is recommended or required! The only small down side was that it does not have all the data of every food that I ate, and I had to change or omit some of the food items that I consumed.

I think that it is healthy as it does not contain a lot of trans fats and sodium. It also has a reasonable amount of energy, and is suitable for breakfast.