Thursday, February 18, 2010
Analysis.
According to the Healthy Diet Pyramid, we should have 5-7 servings of Rice&Alternatives, 2 servings each of Fruits and Vegetables and 3 servings of Meat&Alternatives per day, in order to have a healthy and balanced diet.
I have realised that each day, I take about:
From this, I can tell that I need to try and eat more of the food items in the Rice&Alternatives and Fruits category. For Vegetables, I will have to attempt to eat at least some, instead of not eating any like I do now, as I dislike eating them. For Meat&Alternatives, I eat just the right amount, and I will work towards eating the same amount and not too little or too much of the food items in this category.
I also took the Food Intake Assessment, and here are the results of my nutritional intake compared against RDA:
They also showed the total percentage of my energy intake for the 3 days:
From the results of the Food Intake Assessment, I realised that the amount of Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium that I have consumed is way too much. Thus, I will try to improve my diet by eating less oily food as I have eaten a lot of those in the past few days. Also, I will reduce the amount of eggs that I consume, and eat more bean products to cut down on Cholesterol. In order to consume less Sodium, I will be more conscious about the amount of salt in the food that I consume, as I had no idea that I was eating so much unhealthy food with too much Sodium.
Another observation is that my Carbohydrate, Calcium and Dietary Fibre intake is too low. Thus, I will try my best to eat more fruits every day, and also eat some vegetables to increase my Calcium level. I will also try and get more sunlight, so that my body can make more Vitamin D, which helps our body absorb calcium.
For the percentage of my energy intake, I think it is quite reasonable, but I will still try to reduce the amount of fats I consume.
I have realised that each day, I take about:
-4 servings of Rice&Alternatives.
-1.5 servings of Fruits.
-0 servings of Vegetables.
-3 servings of Meat&Alternatives.
From this, I can tell that I need to try and eat more of the food items in the Rice&Alternatives and Fruits category. For Vegetables, I will have to attempt to eat at least some, instead of not eating any like I do now, as I dislike eating them. For Meat&Alternatives, I eat just the right amount, and I will work towards eating the same amount and not too little or too much of the food items in this category.
I also took the Food Intake Assessment, and here are the results of my nutritional intake compared against RDA:
Energy - 85%
Carbohydrate - 71%
Protein - 101%
Total Fat - 99%
Saturated Fat - 147%
Cholesterol - 121%
Calcium - 75%
Dietary Fibre - 72%
Sodium - 151%
They also showed the total percentage of my energy intake for the 3 days:
Total Carbohydrates: 51% (Recommended: 55-65%)
Total Protein: 15% (Recommended: 10-15%)
Total Fats: 35% (Recommended: 25-30%)
From the results of the Food Intake Assessment, I realised that the amount of Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium that I have consumed is way too much. Thus, I will try to improve my diet by eating less oily food as I have eaten a lot of those in the past few days. Also, I will reduce the amount of eggs that I consume, and eat more bean products to cut down on Cholesterol. In order to consume less Sodium, I will be more conscious about the amount of salt in the food that I consume, as I had no idea that I was eating so much unhealthy food with too much Sodium.
Another observation is that my Carbohydrate, Calcium and Dietary Fibre intake is too low. Thus, I will try my best to eat more fruits every day, and also eat some vegetables to increase my Calcium level. I will also try and get more sunlight, so that my body can make more Vitamin D, which helps our body absorb calcium.
For the percentage of my energy intake, I think it is quite reasonable, but I will still try to reduce the amount of fats I consume.